Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default copy formula from cell above

I have a formula in a cell A1x3, how do i copy it to cells below, without
having to change it to A2 x3, A3 x 3 etc?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A1x3

Whatever "x3" is supposed to represent try expressing it like this:

A1x$3

As you copy down a column the reference to A1 will increment while "x$3"
will remain constant:

A1x$3
A2x$3
A3x$3
A4x$3

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sooky-la-la" wrote in message
I have a formula in a cell A1x3, how do i copy it to cells below, without
having to change it to A2 x3, A3 x 3 etc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sooky-la-la,
If you want it to stay A1x3 (cell A1 times 3), then
the formula will look like this "=$A$1*3".
The "$" before the column letter, in this case "A" keeps it in "A" column.
The "$" before the number, in this case "1" keeps in in that row.

hth

"Sooky-la-la" wrote:

I have a formula in a cell A1x3, how do i copy it to cells below, without
having to change it to A2 x3, A3 x 3 etc?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Put the $ sign before the reference, which you want to freeze (do not move).

Thanks
--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,