Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default entering 16 digit numbers - last digit turns to zero

While creating a sheet with credit card numbers I noticed that upon placing
the 16th digit and any after that , the numbers are zeros There are no
fomats in those cells.
Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

dreamer wrote:
While creating a sheet with credit card numbers I noticed that upon placing
the 16th digit and any after that , the numbers are zeros There are no
fomats in those cells.
Can anyone help?

Assuming you aren't going to be doing math on these values format the
cell as text.

gls858
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Or create a custom format to show it as 1234 1234 1234 1234. That way, it is
also esier to read the card numbers
Custom format as 0000 0000 0000 0000

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"gls858" wrote:

dreamer wrote:
While creating a sheet with credit card numbers I noticed that upon placing
the 16th digit and any after that , the numbers are zeros There are no
fomats in those cells.
Can anyone help?

Assuming you aren't going to be doing math on these values format the
cell as text.

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqapp.html#SigDigits