Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I average data per minute and per 10 minutes?

Hi,
I have data per 10 sec (Huge COLUMNS) and would like average it per 1
minute and per 10 minutes afterwards. I found some info about 1 hour data
averaging, tried to modify it but have to do averaging per each set of data
which is way too long... Is there any way to set this averaging per minute ?
Formula appreciated.
I am not sure I am doing it correctly....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Let's say the data starts in B1
So the first minute (60 seconds) of readings are in B1:B6
In C1 enter =AVERAGE(B1:B6)
Now Select C1:C6 and double click the fill handle (small solid square in
lower right corner of C6 when you have made the selection) to copy down the
column
This gives you the average for each minute

But you data is widely spaces
Alternative: In enter 1 and in E2 enter 2; Copy these two down the column to
get 1,2,3,4,5..... GO as far as needed (1/6 the number of entries in column
B)
In F1 enter =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("B"&(E1-1)*6+1&":B"&(E1-1)*6+6))
Copy this down the column by right clicking the fill handle
Now you have the data in a neat table

In H1 and down enter 10, 20, 30.....
In I1 use =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("B"&(H1-10)*6+1&":B"&(H1-10)*6+60))
Copy this down the column to give averages for every 10 minutes

Someone will give you another way using OFFSET; just take your pick
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP