Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel help

Hi,

Can anyone please help me.
I was trying to enter the below no in excel.

0000081563
But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter
zero's infront of the number.

Any help will be great.
THanks
--
kaushi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Kaushi" wrote:
I was trying to enter the below no in excel.
0000081563
But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563.
how can i enter zero's infront of the number.

One way: enter '0000081563. Note the leading apostrophe.

But that makes the cell content Text.

If you want the cell content to be Number, use the custom format
"000000000#" without quotes.