-   -   Excel help (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/229326-excel-help.html)

Kaushi

Excel help

Hi,

Can anyone please help me.
I was trying to enter the below no in excel.

0000081563
But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter
zero's infront of the number.

Any help will be great.
THanks
--
kaushi

L. Howard Kittle

Excel help

Try formatting entry cell as "Text" before you enter the 0000... value.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Kaushi" wrote in message

Can anyone please help me.
I was trying to enter the below no in excel.

0000081563
But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter
zero's infront of the number.

Any help will be great.
THanks
--
kaushi

Kaushi

Excel help

Hi..

Thanks a lot. That works.
--
kaushi

"Kaushi" wrote in message

Can anyone please help me.
I was trying to enter the below no in excel.

0000081563
But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter
zero's infront of the number.

Any help will be great.
THanks
--
kaushi

joeu2004

Excel help

"Kaushi" wrote:
I was trying to enter the below no in excel.
0000081563
But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563.
how can i enter zero's infront of the number.

One way: enter '0000081563. Note the leading apostrophe.

But that makes the cell content Text.

If you want the cell content to be Number, use the custom format
"000000000#" without quotes.