Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default conditional formatting

this is probably a basic question, but here goes...
I have a worksheet where staff will be slowly filling in dates into one
column and I want Excel to automatically add into another column the date
that occurs 13 days after the original date. I want the cells in the second
column to remain empty until a date is entered by staff into the first column
- how do I do that?
EXAMPLE:
say my staff on Monday enter that day's date (4-27-09) into the first cell
in row 2 (row 2/column A) and I want Excel to automatically enter the date
that will occur 14 days later (5-11-09) into the 4th cell in that same row
(row 2/column D). The problem I am having is in keeping the automatically
filled in cell in the next row (row 3/column D) empty until staff type in a
date into the first cell in that row (row 3/column A).
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Lorraine;326363 Wrote:
[...]

Hi,

in D2 enter =if(a2="","",a2+14) and pull down as needed

HTH

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91193