Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Any ideas how to copy more than 1024 characters?

I have a spreadsheet where users fill in data and then copy a single cell to
then paste a large paragraph that I have concatenated together using the
input. They are needing to paste the data into various Word and internet
apps. I now needed to add more data into the paragraph to be copied and I
seem to have reached the max characters the cell will display so the paste is
not complete. Any ideas how to work around this with an easier route than
copying and pasting mulitple cells? Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You don't need to cpoy/paste the individual cells in an area. Just select
all the cells in an area and copy/paste.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200846

"toolman74" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where users fill in data and then copy a single cell to
then paste a large paragraph that I have concatenated together using the
input. They are needing to paste the data into various Word and internet
apps. I now needed to add more data into the paragraph to be copied and I
seem to have reached the max characters the cell will display so the paste is
not complete. Any ideas how to work around this with an easier route than
copying and pasting mulitple cells? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Copy from the Formula bar which will contain all the characters, not just
the displayed characters.

Or when concatenating, add an Alt + Enter every 100 characters.

How are you concatenating together?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:28:28 -0700, toolman74
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where users fill in data and then copy a single cell to
then paste a large paragraph that I have concatenated together using the
input. They are needing to paste the data into various Word and internet
apps. I now needed to add more data into the paragraph to be copied and I
seem to have reached the max characters the cell will display so the paste is
not complete. Any ideas how to work around this with an easier route than
copying and pasting mulitple cells? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The formula bar only shows the formula -- not the text. I am using the
=concatenate() formula. I've ended up concatenating 15 different cells to
give me all the data needed in 1 paragraph. I tried using the Alt+Enter in
the formula between each cell but that didn't make a difference. Is there a
way to get either the formula bar or perhaps another cell to convert the
formula to text so that some of these options are available? I don't need to
"see" the data that is being copied so is there a way to work a copy command
button onto my spreadsheet so once all the data has been input they click a
button to automatically concatenate multiple cells? That will then be pasted
as a single paragraph?

Thanks so much!!

wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where users fill in data and then copy a single cell to
then paste a large paragraph that I have concatenated together using the
input. They are needing to paste the data into various Word and internet
apps. I now needed to add more data into the paragraph to be copied and I
seem to have reached the max characters the cell will display so the paste is
not complete. Any ideas how to work around this with an easier route than
copying and pasting mulitple cells? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could copy then paste specialvalues to get rid of the formulas.

Adding an Alt + Enter in a formula is done using the CHAR(10) function.

=CONCATENATE(a1,b1,c1,d1,CHAR(10),e1,f1,g1,h1) then set the cell for wrap
text.

There is probably a way to do it all using a macro, but hard to say without
seeing what you're doing.

If you cannot describe your problem then upload the file to a file-host,
post the link to that file-host here.

If someone wants to take a look they will download the file to their
computer.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/
http://savefile.com/

Gord

wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where users fill in data and then copy a single cell to
then paste a large paragraph that I have concatenated together using the
input. They are needing to paste the data into various Word and internet
apps. I now needed to add more data into the paragraph to be copied and I
seem to have reached the max characters the cell will display so the paste is
not complete. Any ideas how to work around this with an easier route than
copying and pasting mulitple cells? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you're only doing a single cell...

Select the cell.
hit F2 (to go into edit mode)
hit F9 (to convert the formula to value)
Copy the string from the formula bar
Hit escape to cancel the edit (revert to a formula)

If you forget, you can also hit ctrl-z (edit|Undo or undo icon) to undo that
last change.

wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where users fill in data and then copy a single cell to
then paste a large paragraph that I have concatenated together using the
input. They are needing to paste the data into various Word and internet
apps. I now needed to add more data into the paragraph to be copied and I
seem to have reached the max characters the cell will display so the paste is
not complete. Any ideas how to work around this with an easier route than
copying and pasting mulitple cells? Thanks!!

--

Dave Peterson