Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default SUM of subtracting and then adding different cell

I want to be able to make a "seperate cell" that will ony hold a $ amount in
it and then when I put new numbers into two other cells it will give the sum
of thoe two and then add the seperate one...something goofie like this...
=SUM(LMNO18-LMNO19+"SEPERATE CELL")
--
Life is a beach...then you forget your suit...Deal with it and go skinny
dippin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Kurt;303319 Wrote:
I want to be able to make a "seperate cell" that will ony hold a $
amount in
it and then when I put new numbers into two other cells it will give
the sum
of thoe two and then add the seperate one...something goofie like
this...
=SUM(LMNO18-LMNO19+"SEPERATE CELL")
--
Life is a beach...then you forget your suit...Deal with it and go
skinny
dippin

Hi,
you do not need the sum function for this
=cell1-cell2 + separatecell will do.
Of course this formula should not be entered in the cell "separatecell"
but somewhere else

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=84836