Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to graph x-variable versus y-variable in Excel ?

I feel this is a very basic challenge ....
but it seems beyond my ability ...... I after much trial and error .... i
humbly approach the masters' feet !!!

I have tried to draw simple graphs plotting x versus y and i am having
difficulties because the choices are not in excel "chart layout" to plot
simple quadratic functions.

I'm trying to plot the various flows in a river versus the percent time they
are exceeded.
i have my columns of figures but I cannot find the correct "chart layout".

I imagine this is a very basic challenge because this is what we used to
have to do in Maths, physics, Chemistry classes every day for years and by
hand ...
so I apologise if this seems a 'wate of your time' .... but believe me I
will be "eternally grateful" for assistance in this .....