Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default percentages

I have forty clients, 10 have blue shirts, 3 have blue shirts, 5 have 7 green
shirts,15 have white shirts, I need to calculate the total percentage at the
end of the month, I need to show the percentage change every time I input an
additional shirt for any given client

this is an example, thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In cells A1 thru A5 enter:
10
3
5
7
15

In cell A6 enter:
=SUM(A1:A5)
In B1 thru B5 enter:
=A1/$A$6
=A2/$A$6
=A3/$A$6
=A4/$A$6
=A5/$A$6
and format as pecentage. We see:

10 25.00%
3 7.50%
5 12.50%
7 17.50%
15 37.50%
40

now just update A1 thru A5 on a monthly basis.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200842

"Edgar G" wrote:

I have forty clients, 10 have blue shirts, 3 have blue shirts, 5 have 7 green
shirts,15 have white shirts, I need to calculate the total percentage at the
end of the month, I need to show the percentage change every time I input an
additional shirt for any given client

this is an example, thanks in advance

Percentages steve Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 14th 07 05:10 PM
percentages Nilufer New Users to Excel 1 July 11th 07 04:08 PM
Percentages Hotpants0063 Excel Worksheet Functions 4 April 10th 06 10:30 PM
Percentages quiddity Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 13th 05 05:03 PM
percentages johnsmith Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 16th 05 07:17 PM