Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default cell value plus text

I would like to know how to get the value from one cell (C81) entered into
another cell (N81) and then have text after that value. For example, if
C81=2, I need N81 to have 2 plus text (2 oranges). If this is not possible,
I do have the text in the first row and could reference that cell, but then
would need to know how to string the two cells of text together (i.e. C81=2
and C1=oranges so N81=2 oranges).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try one of these:

=C81&" oranges"

Or, using a cell to hold oranges:

C1 = oranges

=C81&" "&C1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Deanna" wrote in message
I would like to know how to get the value from one cell (C81) entered into
another cell (N81) and then have text after that value. For example, if
C81=2, I need N81 to have 2 plus text (2 oranges). If this is not
possible,
I do have the text in the first row and could reference that cell, but
then
would need to know how to string the two cells of text together (i.e.
C81=2
and C1=oranges so N81=2 oranges).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

try this in cell N81
=C81&" oranges" or
=C81&" "&C1

--
Hope this is helpful

Appreciate that you provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below
if this post have helped you.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Deanna" wrote:

I would like to know how to get the value from one cell (C81) entered into
another cell (N81) and then have text after that value. For example, if
C81=2, I need N81 to have 2 plus text (2 oranges). If this is not possible,
I do have the text in the first row and could reference that cell, but then
would need to know how to string the two cells of text together (i.e. C81=2
and C1=oranges so N81=2 oranges).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can also use Custom Formatting Format/Cells/Number Custom; Insert
the format as 0 " oranges".
This will show "oranges", but as it holds a numerical value, it means
you can calculate with it as normal.

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Feb 22, 4:46*pm, mdmackillop
wrote:
You can also use Custom Formatting *Format/Cells/Number Custom; Insert
the format as 0 " oranges".
This will show "oranges", but as it holds a numerical value, it means
you can calculate with it as normal.

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=67321

Dear mdmackillop
A very nice solution. while the cell is numeric and you can conduct
the calculation it also shows the text you want.