Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How to reach at the source of the formula

HI
IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)", HOW CAN
I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down.

AHMAD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

You can click "Trace precedent" on the Formula Auditing toolbar, then
double-click on the dotted arrow line (leading from the little sheet icon) to
surface the "Go To" dialog. Then just double-click on the range in the
dialog's window and it'll zap you straight to that source range.

If the above helped you in any/some way, pl press the YES button below

p/s: Don't use all caps in your post. Hard to read & is considered impolite
nettiquette.
--
Max
Singapore
"Ahmad" wrote:
IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)",
HOW CAN I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB
WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Select the cell with the formula first,
before proceeding with the steps given
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you disable ToolsOptionsEdit "edit directly in cell" a double-click on
the cell will take you to the range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 02:05:01 -0800, Ahmad wrote:

HI
IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)", HOW CAN
I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down.

AHMAD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

That's a far easier route, Gord.
Thanks for posting the option.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:23,000 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---
If you disable ToolsOptionsEdit "edit directly in cell" a double-click
on
the cell will take you to the range.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks Max.

The minor inconvenience of having to edit in the formula bar arises but I
rarely edit in cell so OK for me.

I prefer F2

Gord