-   -   How to reach at the source of the formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/219041-how-reach-source-formula.html)

Ahmad[_2_]

How to reach at the source of the formula

HI
IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)", HOW CAN
I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down.

AHMAD

Max

How to reach at the source of the formula

You can click "Trace precedent" on the Formula Auditing toolbar, then
double-click on the dotted arrow line (leading from the little sheet icon) to
surface the "Go To" dialog. Then just double-click on the range in the
dialog's window and it'll zap you straight to that source range.

If the above helped you in any/some way, pl press the YES button below

p/s: Don't use all caps in your post. Hard to read & is considered impolite
nettiquette.
--
Max
Singapore
"Ahmad" wrote:
IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)",
HOW CAN I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB
WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down.

Max

How to reach at the source of the formula

Select the cell with the formula first,
before proceeding with the steps given
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---

Gord Dibben

How to reach at the source of the formula

If you disable ToolsOptionsEdit "edit directly in cell" a double-click on
the cell will take you to the range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 02:05:01 -0800, Ahmad wrote:

HI
IF I HAVE A FORMULA IN A1 CELL OF SHEET1 I.E "=SUM(SHEET2!B3:B40)", HOW CAN
I GO TO THAT RANGE WITH OUT USING SHEET TAB WITH THE MOUSE OR alt+page down.

AHMAD

Max

How to reach at the source of the formula

That's a far easier route, Gord.
Thanks for posting the option.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:23,000 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---
If you disable ToolsOptionsEdit "edit directly in cell" a double-click
on
the cell will take you to the range.

Gord Dibben

How to reach at the source of the formula

Thanks Max.

The minor inconvenience of having to edit in the formula bar arises but I
rarely edit in cell so OK for me.

I prefer F2

Gord