Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default formulas to change font

I am new to this - I would like to know how to change the font color
conditional to a formula result.
for example =if((A1<than 0,"font red", "font blue")
I am familiar with some very simple formulas - but I would like to
understand how to perform the above.
Please don't laugh - but I would like to be directed to the right place to
learn how to do it?
Yonnie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yonnie,
If you want to change font color in cell A1, first change the font color to
blue.
Type "0" (zero) in cell A1. Along the top of your excel you will see an A
with a color under it. Typically it is black, select the down triangle and
pick the shade of blue that you want. Your "0" (zero) should change color.
Now select cell A1, and select "Format", select "Conditional Formatting".
Condition 1 -
Cell Value Is, select "less than", 0 (zero).
Select the "Format" button, select color, "red", select "OK"
Select "OK"
Or
After you create the first condition, selcet the "Add" button.
Condition 2-
Cell Value Is, select "greater than", 0 (zero).
Select the "Format" button, select color, "blue", select "OK"
Select "OK"
Either way will work. Good luck.

hth Dennis

"Yonnie" wrote:

I am new to this - I would like to know how to change the font color
conditional to a formula result.
for example =if((A1<than 0,"font red", "font blue")
I am familiar with some very simple formulas - but I would like to
understand how to perform the above.
Please don't laugh - but I would like to be directed to the right place to
learn how to do it?
Yonnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You do not do this with a formula in a cell but you use the menu item Format
and locate the Conditional Formatting dialog

Use an entry like:<< Cell Value Is : greater than : A1 then click the
Format button on the dialog and set the font colour

Visit Deborah's site for more
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yonnie" wrote in message
I am new to this - I would like to know how to change the font color
conditional to a formula result.
for example =if((A1<than 0,"font red", "font blue")
I am familiar with some very simple formulas - but I would like to
understand how to perform the above.
Please don't laugh - but I would like to be directed to the right place to
learn how to do it?
Yonnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:06:01 -0800, Yonnie
wrote:

I am new to this - I would like to know how to change the font color
conditional to a formula result.
for example =if((A1<than 0,"font red", "font blue")
I am familiar with some very simple formulas - but I would like to
understand how to perform the above.
Please don't laugh - but I would like to be directed to the right place to
learn how to do it?
Yonnie

You can't do it with a formula. Others have written about Conditional
Formatting; but you can also use custom formatting of the number:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom Type:

[Blue]0.00;[Red]0.00;[Blue]0.00
or
[Blue]General;[Red]General;[Blue]General
--ron