Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default formulas to change font

You do not do this with a formula in a cell but you use the menu item Format
and locate the Conditional Formatting dialog

Use an entry like:<< Cell Value Is : greater than : A1 then click the
Format button on the dialog and set the font colour

Visit Deborah's site for more
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yonnie" wrote in message
I am new to this - I would like to know how to change the font color
conditional to a formula result.
for example =if((A1<than 0,"font red", "font blue")
I am familiar with some very simple formulas - but I would like to
understand how to perform the above.
Please don't laugh - but I would like to be directed to the right place to
learn how to do it?
Yonnie