Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Verify if Acct # that is on wksheet is on another

I have a main worksheet with all available accounts. I want to see if there
are accounts on my other worksheets that are already on my main worksheet.

Thanks,
--
Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Easy enough using EditFind and set Look in: option to "Workbook"

But what do want to do if you find a duplicate?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:40:01 -0800, Donna
wrote:

I have a main worksheet with all available accounts. I want to see if there
are accounts on my other worksheets that are already on my main worksheet.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

"Donna" wrote:
.. I have one main worksheet with all the accounts on it. I want to
see if an account on another worksheet is listed on the main worksheet.

Assume key data, eg account IDs are listed in Sheet1's col A (your master)
In the other sheet, assume the account IDs to be checked
against the master are running in A2 down
You could place this in B2: =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A2),"Yes","")
Copy down to return required results

Pl mark ALL responses which help by pressing the YES buttons (like the one
below)
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Donna,

A quick way is to use the vlookup (vertical) formula, which looks for an
match and returns whatever you want returned in your array. If not found the
result would be #N/A, which would be any that are not on your main worksheet.
There is also a hlookup (horzontal). If using the function wizard, it will
describe exact what is needed, step by step. Excel help also will explain
well.

Hope this helps, once you are comfortable with lookups, you will find you
use them very frequently.