Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Find

When selecting a column and using the Find command, it is hard to see where
the cell is. The color of the cell and the highlight of selecting the column
are so close that it is hard to recognize when excel finds what I am looking
for. Is there a way to set it up where it selects the cell giving it the
dark outline when it finds the information I am looking for. Or maybe change
the color of the selected cells to be darket?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You're using Excel 2007, right? This is a common complaint. There isn't a
lot to be done with changing color schemes. You can get better highlighting
with some VBA code. Since you're posting in the New Users area, I'm betting
that kind of frightens you. So, you might look into Chip Peterson's
RowLiner add-in which has the code in it! Check out his page with it he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm
Good Luck.

"Connie in Vegas" wrote in message
When selecting a column and using the Find command, it is hard to see
where
the cell is. The color of the cell and the highlight of selecting the
column
are so close that it is hard to recognize when excel finds what I am
looking
for. Is there a way to set it up where it selects the cell giving it the
dark outline when it finds the information I am looking for. Or maybe
change
the color of the selected cells to be darket?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

you can also try with auto filters that will also work for you
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade