Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default drop down lists

I use excel to do quotes for my business. I want to put in the product code
and have the description and list price for my products autofill the other
cells. Can I do this and how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

VLOOKUP formula is one method.

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site for info on VLOOKUP function to pull data based
on value, in your case, product code. Note the downloadable sample
workbooks.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Also see Debra's site for creating Data Validation dropdown menus for
choosing from a list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:00:21 -0800, krob
wrote:

I use excel to do quotes for my business. I want to put in the product code
and have the description and list price for my products autofill the other
cells. Can I do this and how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

=VLOOKUP(A1,C1:H100,2,FALSE)

Suppose you have a range C1:H100 with all you product info and the product
codes in the first column and you enter the product number into A1, via a
drop down list or by typing. (Use Data, Validation, List option to create a
list)

The formula above return the item in the second column (2) of the range
C1:H100 and from the row onwhich the product number was found in C1:C100.
FALSE means this is an exact match.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"krob" wrote:

I use excel to do quotes for my business. I want to put in the product code
and have the description and list price for my products autofill the other
cells. Can I do this and how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Please select the column header and go to Data in the menu barFilterAuto
Fill this will give the drop down arrow on the header row of your table. Now
you can select the product code and the rest of the details will be reflected
by automatically. I hope this will sort your problem
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade