Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Help with Invoice

I have designed an invoice with excel. In the sub tot and tax and in the tot
amount boxes I have formulas that I don't want to be changed, Now when I put
$ amounts in them and print it I am asked to save new changes when execting.

I want to use this as a invoicing program. So all I want to be able input $
amounts but save save them.

I guess you can tell I'm new, Thanks
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*_Membership_is_free_* & allows file upload -faster and better answers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=46366

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

But this does not create a workbook with a database of all invoices.

I would look into the Template Wizard with Data Tracking add-in.

Creates a Template for invoices and saves the data to a DB workbook each
time you create a new invoice from the Template.

There is a download on the MS site at

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873209/en-us

If it won't install(usual case), post back and I can email you a good copy
of the Wizard.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:26:29 +0000, Pecoflyer
wrote:

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi well your right it starts and hangs up, jezzzzz MS is something ells
sometimes

Please send the good one
Thanks
Mike

wrote:

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mike

You can download the file from this site

http://www.savefile.com/files/1954127

Good luck with the project.

Gord

wrote:

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

""Gord""
Thanks it works, but it or I can't find the save button, and make the new
empty invoice re-appear

I'm using excel 2003

Thanks

wrote:

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You opened your current Invoice workbook.......right?

If not, you must open a new blank workbook and build your Invoice with input
fields, formatting, formulas and stuff like that.

You could open a new workbook based upon the default Invoice.xlt found in
Spreadsheet Solutions to get an idea of some layout. You could even modify
that workbook to suit.

Now with that workbook saved and open you will go to DataTemplate Wizard
and create a Template from that workbook.

You have gone through the Wizard and created the Template from the Invoice
workbook and assigned a name to the Database.xls file............right?

You selected cells with field names to go into your DB file..........right?

You should now be able to hit Finish to save the Template and the DB file.

Close the original workbook........you don't need it anymore.

Open a workbook based upon the Template, add your data to the aforementioned
Fields and save as a named workbook like Invoice1.

Close that and the data will be written to INVDB.xls

Open another workbook from the Template and on and on.

Gord

wrote:

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ok so there is now way to format a cell so I can make it close and it would
save then automaticly open a nother one?
Also can I get it to auto number the templet when it saves?
thanks
Mike

wrote:

Save your invoice as template ( .xlt)
You will then be able to create a new invoice each time you need one
and also save the invoices you made before ( this can be quite handy)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Auto-saving and closing would require some VBA.

To autonumber you would also need VBA.

See John McGimpsey's site for code to autonumber.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Gord