Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Coloring Alternative Rows only if data is there

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditional formatting
in it. I want to highlight this only if there data in there. I have
googled if but cannot find the method can anyone post the method or
provide me with link. It will be 2nd conditional formatting I think :l
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=AND(COUNTA(1:1)0,MOD(ROW(),2)=1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"BetaDocuments" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet with [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditional formatting
in it. I want to highlight this only if there data in there. I have
googled if but cannot find the method can anyone post the method or
provide me with link. It will be 2nd conditional formatting I think :l

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Jan 2, 1:24*pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
=AND(COUNTA(1:1)0,MOD(ROW(),2)=1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"BetaDocuments" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet with * [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditional formatting
in it. *I want to highlight this only if there data in there. *I have
googled if but cannot find the method can anyone post the method or
provide me with link. *It will be 2nd conditional formatting I think :l- Hide quoted text -

Hi Bob,

This is not working properly. Do you want to try this in your excel
spreadsheet :(
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm not Bob but it works for me in 2003.

If no data in any row, the rows are not color-banded as you requested.

Those that have data are alternating color-banding as you requested.

What "doesn't work" for you?

Or perhaps your original request was not what you meant?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:24:38 -0800 (PST), BetaDocuments
wrote:

On Jan 2, 1:24*pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
=AND(COUNTA(1:1)0,MOD(ROW(),2)=1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"BetaDocuments" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet with * [ =MOD(ROW(),2)=1] conditional formatting
in it. *I want to highlight this only if there data in there. *I have
googled if but cannot find the method can anyone post the method or
provide me with link. *It will be 2nd conditional formatting I think :l- Hide quoted text -

Hi Bob,

This is not working properly. Do you want to try this in your excel
spreadsheet :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Then you need to explain in what way it is not working and more detail on
exactly what you need.

--