hellokitty

Default This should be simple but it's not working for me!

This should be easy, I want to multiply the quantity of a product by the
price then add the tax to get the total.

I am using/attempting this: =SUM(A1*A2+A5)

But it's not working so apparently I am doing something wrong.

Help?

JulieD

Hi

how about
=A1*A2+A5
where A1 and A2 contain qty and price (in any order) and A5 contains the tax
value
if this still doesn't work, check that your numbers are actually numbers
(use the ISNUMBER(A1) function to see)
--
Cheers
JulieD
"hellokitty" wrote in message
This should be easy, I want to multiply the quantity of a product by the
price then add the tax to get the total.

I am using/attempting this: =SUM(A1*A2+A5)

But it's not working so apparently I am doing something wrong.

Help?

Max

Try: =SUM(A1*A2,A5) or simply: =A1*A2+A5

--
Rgds
Max
"hellokitty" wrote in message
This should be easy, I want to multiply the quantity of a product by the
price then add the tax to get the total.

I am using/attempting this: =SUM(A1*A2+A5)

But it's not working so apparently I am doing something wrong.

Help?

Gord Dibben

"It's not working" means what?

Wrong answer? No answer?

It should work ,but you don't need the SUM Function

=(A1*A2)+A5

Assuming A1 has a numeric quantity, A2 has a numeric price and A5 has a
numeric tax.

=(12*45.99)+25.00

Or do you have a tax rate in A5? Like 10%

=(A1*A2)*1.10

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:09:03 -0700, "hellokitty"
wrote:

This should be easy, I want to multiply the quantity of a product by the
price then add the tax to get the total.

I am using/attempting this: =SUM(A1*A2+A5)

But it's not working so apparently I am doing something wrong.

Help?

Kenny Dee

I think you want to try this formula =A1*A2/A5 I think the tax is divided
into the whole to get a total right? If this doesn't work then let me know
and I will refer back to my training book. thanks