Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Countif with 2 Conditions

I want to use Countif with 2 conditions. For example,
1. It searches for the Emp Name, I need - Emp Name column A
2. It checks whether the Emp is Absent / present - Emp Attendance column B
then counts the no. of appearances of this Emp name in Column A

The absentee can be manually deleted & then countif is to be applied but I
want a function to do this without deleting
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Something like this, in say C2:
=sumproduct((A$2:A$100="Name1")*(B$2:B$100="Presen t"))
will return the required count of employee "Name1"'s attendance record - ie
where s/he was marked as "Present" in col B. Adapt the ranges to suit.
--
Max
Singapore
"cmsinsides" wrote:
I want to use Countif with 2 conditions. For example,
1. It searches for the Emp Name, I need - Emp Name column A
2. It checks whether the Emp is Absent / present - Emp Attendance column B
then counts the no. of appearances of this Emp name in Column A

The absentee can be manually deleted & then countif is to be applied but I
want a function to do this without deleting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

post up a clear sampling of your data and what/where you want countif
formulas operating. Much faster than back and forth like this...

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

.. my data has only one column and i have to apply multiple condition.

Maybe you meant something like this:
=SUMPRODUCT((COUNTIF(A2:A10,{"kk","gg","aa"})))
which counts the total occurrences of: kk, gg, aa
within the range A2:A10
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:21,000 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Think SUM can be used here (shorter):
=SUM((COUNTIF(A2:A10,{"kk","gg","aa"})))