Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I multiply a figure

I am trying to multiply a figure from worksheet tab 1, lets say 5, by a
figure in worksheet tab 2,let say $20.00 with the results being in tab 2?

$20.00 (from tab 2) x 5 (from tab 1) = $100.00

I would appreciate any help with this, thanks so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Enter an equal sign "=" in your formula cell, then use the mouse to select
the desired cell on sheet1, now enter "*" and select the desired cell on
sheet2, press enter to finish the formula.

The formula should look like this:

=Sheet1!A1*Sheet2!A1

Regards,
Per

"Sandie" skrev i meddelelsen
I am trying to multiply a figure from worksheet tab 1, lets say 5, by a
figure in worksheet tab 2,let say $20.00 with the results being in tab 2?

$20.00 (from tab 2) x 5 (from tab 1) = $100.00

I would appreciate any help with this, thanks so much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you want to multiply values from more than two sheets try what
follows
in your result sheet enter: =product(
Select the cell
Click the first and last sheet tags from the sheet range
Close the parenthesis

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers - MS Excel Newbie