Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default conditional format on first & last digit on 3 digit cell data

How to create conditional formatting and color shade cells which contains the
first and last digit which I'm looking at regardless of any order on three
digit cell data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use a formula of

=AND(LEFT(A2,1)="5",RIGHT(A2,1)="7")

as an example

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"caprey" wrote in message
How to create conditional formatting and color shade cells which contains
the
first and last digit which I'm looking at regardless of any order on three
digit cell data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default conditional format of adjacent cell with different range and crite

Well I have to Conditional format a range of values of range of string
character. For Eg. Column A contains Weekdays, 5 Mondays,3 Tuesdays, 2
Wednesday, 7 Thursday, 2 Friday, 3 Saturday and 6 Sunday in Column A. With
having range of values from 30 to 100 in the adjacent cells of Column A.
A B
Sunday 32
Sunday 65
Sunday 52
Sunday 69
Sunday 45
Sunday 85
Monday 63
Monday 25
Monday 36
Monday 41
Monday 48
Tuesday 95
Tuesday 74
Tuesday 56
Wednesday 15
Wednesday 45
Thursday 49
Thursday 87
Thursday 16
Thursday 53
Thursday 23
Thursday 29
Thursday 21
Friday 54
Friday 63
Saturday 45
Saturday 76
Saturday 33
Now i want conditional format Saturday Values equal to less than 50,with
fill effects red and red font.
Sunday Values equal to less than 75,with fill effects blue and blue
font.Mondays values equal to less than 45,with fill effects green and green
font.so on.
Can you please suggest me any solution for such case.

Regards
Rupesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use CF formulae of