D'oug

Default Horizontal split

Office 2003

I can do a vertical split window, but I've also seen worksheets in which you
could scroll down a page but still keep the header rows at the top visible,
to keep the column descriptions visible.

If anyone can explain how that's done, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks.
doug
D'oug

Nick, Thanks. I have one more question.

I tried this, by selecting Rows 1 - 7 along the left edge of the
spreadsheet, thinking that this would 'freeze' the panes at Row 7. It
actually froze them at Row 12, and put a Vertical freeze at Column H.

Any idea why it would select that Row/Column?

Thanks.
doug

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Doug

WindowFreeze Panes

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"D'oug" wrote in message
Office 2003

I can do a vertical split window, but I've also seen worksheets in which
you
could scroll down a page but still keep the header rows at the top
visible,
to keep the column descriptions visible.

If anyone can explain how that's done, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks.
doug

Ragdyer

See if this old post will give you a little more insight into using this
featu

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt

--
HTH,

RD

"D'oug" wrote in message
Nick, Thanks. I have one more question.

I tried this, by selecting Rows 1 - 7 along the left edge of the
spreadsheet, thinking that this would 'freeze' the panes at Row 7. It
actually froze them at Row 12, and put a Vertical freeze at Column H.

Any idea why it would select that Row/Column?

Thanks.
doug

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Doug