Ragdyer

See if this old post will give you a little more insight into using this
featu

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt

--
HTH,

RD

"D'oug" wrote in message
Nick, Thanks. I have one more question.

I tried this, by selecting Rows 1 - 7 along the left edge of the
spreadsheet, thinking that this would 'freeze' the panes at Row 7. It
actually froze them at Row 12, and put a Vertical freeze at Column H.

Any idea why it would select that Row/Column?

Thanks.
doug

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Doug

WindowFreeze Panes

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"D'oug" wrote in message
Office 2003

I can do a vertical split window, but I've also seen worksheets in

which
you
could scroll down a page but still keep the header rows at the top
visible,
to keep the column descriptions visible.

If anyone can explain how that's done, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks.
doug