Old December 2nd 08, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I have a name and then number and want to fill space in with dots

--
marianne dagher

Old December 2nd 08, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you're putting this info into a single cell, then stop!

Put each value in separate cells--in fact, I'd consider putting first name in a
cell, last name in a different cell, middle initial(???), salutation(???), and
number in different cells.

mariane wrote:

--
marianne dagher

Old December 3rd 08, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default I have a name and then number and want to fill space in with d

Thanks Dave I stayed in excel and did that drew and copied a line of dots and
pasted them into the cells. it printed quite well. My challenwas to connect
text by dots
--
marianne dagher

mariane wrote:

--
marianne dagher

Old December 3rd 08, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mariane

There is an easier way to set leaders in a cell.

FormatCellsCustom @*.

That is @*dot

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP