Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ben ben is offline

Default use macro and allow undo

Hello.

I have a macro that I recorded which works great. It does a copy and special
paste to another work sheet. The only problem is that after it has run, if I
made some kind of mistake and it copied the wrong stuff (or whatever), I
cannot click on undo or alt-backspace. Is there anyway that the copy and
paste of the macro can be undone this way?

Thanks,
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 02:50:54 -0500, ben wrote:

Hello.

I have a macro that I recorded which works great. It does a copy and special
paste to another work sheet. The only problem is that after it has run, if I
made some kind of mistake and it copied the wrong stuff (or whatever), I
cannot click on undo or alt-backspace. Is there anyway that the copy and
paste of the macro can be undone this way?

Thanks,
Ben

You have to build that into the macro itself.
The macro must save, "somewhere", all data that will be modified by
the macro.
And then you must have another "undo" macro that restores data from
"somewhere".

/ Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,