-   -   use macro and allow undo (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/212002-use-macro-allow-undo.html)

ben

use macro and allow undo

Hello.

I have a macro that I recorded which works great. It does a copy and special
paste to another work sheet. The only problem is that after it has run, if I
made some kind of mistake and it copied the wrong stuff (or whatever), I
cannot click on undo or alt-backspace. Is there anyway that the copy and
paste of the macro can be undone this way?

Thanks,
Ben

Per Jessen

use macro and allow undo

Hi Ben

Sorry, you can not undo any macro operation....

Regards,
Per¨

"ben" skrev i meddelelsen
Hello.

I have a macro that I recorded which works great. It does a copy and
special paste to another work sheet. The only problem is that after it has
run, if I made some kind of mistake and it copied the wrong stuff (or
whatever), I cannot click on undo or alt-backspace. Is there anyway that
the copy and paste of the macro can be undone this way?

Thanks,
Ben

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

use macro and allow undo

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 02:50:54 -0500, ben wrote:

Hello.

I have a macro that I recorded which works great. It does a copy and special
paste to another work sheet. The only problem is that after it has run, if I
made some kind of mistake and it copied the wrong stuff (or whatever), I
cannot click on undo or alt-backspace. Is there anyway that the copy and
paste of the macro can be undone this way?

Thanks,
Ben

You have to build that into the macro itself.
The macro must save, "somewhere", all data that will be modified by
the macro.
And then you must have another "undo" macro that restores data from
"somewhere".

/ Lars-Åke

Andy Pope

use macro and allow undo