Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Multiple spreadsheets

I would like to open two spereadsheets. I want to read one and edit the
other. At the moment, when I open the second spreadsheet, it replaces the
first one that I opened. I can see all the different spreadsheets on the task
bar, but they all appear to be sharing the same window.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Open the two workbooks, then goto "Window" "Arrange" select vertical
or horizontal

Regards,
Per

On 29 Nov., 15:13, Tom59 wrote:
I would like to open two spereadsheets. I want to read one and edit the
other. At the moment, when I open the second spreadsheet, it replaces the
first one that I opened. I can see all the different spreadsheets on the task
bar, but they all appear to be sharing the same window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks Per, this just splits the single window. I have two monitors and would
like to use one spreadsheet on one. I have had it working like that
previously, but something has changed and I don't know what.

On 29 Nov., 15:13, Tom59 wrote:
I would like to open two spereadsheets. I want to read one and edit the
other. At the moment, when I open the second spreadsheet, it replaces the
first one that I opened. I can see all the different spreadsheets on the task
bar, but they all appear to be sharing the same window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Look he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

On 29 Nov., 15:13, Tom59 wrote:
I would like to open two spereadsheets. I want to read one and edit the
other. At the moment, when I open the second spreadsheet, it replaces
the
first one that I opened. I can see all the different spreadsheets on
the task
bar, but they all appear to be sharing the same window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

To use Excel with multiple monitors (I use 4), first resize the Excel
application window from maximized to that it stretches across all
monitors. Then, open the workbooks. Resize and position each workbook
window so that it fills one monitor, one workbook window per monitor.

You may want to turn off the multiple task bar items. Go to the Tools
menu, choose Options, then the View tab. There, uncheck "Windows In
Taskbar".

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On 29 Nov., 15:13, Tom59 wrote:
I would like to open two spereadsheets. I want to read one and edit the
other. At the moment, when I open the second spreadsheet, it replaces the
first one that I opened. I can see all the different spreadsheets on the task
bar, but they all appear to be sharing the same window.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

I find opening two instances (copies) of Excel and put one on each monitor
works will. Restore the first one down a little and then move it to the
second monitor where you can maximize it.

One one file into one copy of Excel and the othe into the second copy of
Excel.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tom59" wrote: