Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open multiple spreadsheets

Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. All of a sudden today, I can't open more
than one spreadsheet on screen at a time. Adjusting the "Arrange" settings in
tools, allows cascading, tiling, vertical or horizontal display WITHIN the
Excel window, but I can't move any of the spreadsheet windows onto the
desktop.

I have also verified the same behaviour with Powerpoint. Word and Access
contime to operate normally, with each file opening in it's own window.

Anyone havea suggestion of what has changed teh Excel/PowerPoint opening
options and How I maight change it back, so that each file opens in it's own
window?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My IT crew straightened me out. I was opening multiple files within the same
instance of Excel, rather than multiple instances of Excel. Evidently this
scenario applies to Excel and PowerPoint but not to Word and Access.

I look forward to testing his same sceanrio out on Excel 98 tonight!