Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rod Rod is offline

Default Function or Formula in Excel

Hi
new to this.
in cell B13 I have a drop down box with 3 options
Post
Courier
Air freight
and I need function that will allow me to have a different answer when each
is selected the out put in B12
eg when Post is selected I wish the price which is located in say D4 to come
up in B12
when Courier is selected the price to come which is located in E4to come up
in B12
and the same with Air freight
Would be most appreciated if some could help me with this
Rod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Label in D3:F3 the 3 DV choices: Post, Courier, Air freight
Then place in B12:
=IF(B13="","",HLOOKUP(B13,D3:F4,2,0))
--
Max
Singapore
"Rod" wrote:
in cell B13 I have a drop down box with 3 options
Post
Courier
Air freight
and I need function that will allow me to have a different answer when each
is selected the out put in B12
eg when Post is selected I wish the price which is located in say D4 to come
up in B12
when Courier is selected the price to come which is located in E4 to come up
in B12
and the same with Air freight

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Rod,
According to the value of cells you have given, here is a formula that
may go in B12:

=IF($B$13="Post",$D$4,IF($B$13="Courier",$E$4,IF($ B$13="Air Freight",$F
$4)))

whe
B13 as you mentioned is the drop down list,
D4 = price for Post
E4 = price for Courier
F4 = price for Air Freight

In case you expand these lists, you can still expand the values as
well, for a fourth price say and a fourth company.

If this helps, please leave a feedback

Regards, Totti

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rod Rod is offline

Many Thanks Totti
perhaps you could also tell me please how to write a function to give me the
lowest amount of freight from the three options used
Much appreciated
Rod

"Totti" wrote:

Hi Rod,
According to the value of cells you have given, here is a formula that
may go in B12:

=IF($B$13="Post",$D$4,IF($B$13="Courier",$E$4,IF($ B$13="Air Freight",$F
$4)))

whe
B13 as you mentioned is the drop down list,
D4 = price for Post
E4 = price for Courier
F4 = price for Air Freight

In case you expand these lists, you can still expand the values as
well, for a fourth price say and a fourth company.

If this helps, please leave a feedback

Regards, Totti

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

to get the lowest amount, i think it would be proper to use the
function MIN, like if you have your amounts concerning FREIGHT, in the
cells B1,C1,D1,E1,
=MIN(B1:E1)
apply MIN to the range of prices and it would give you the smallest

Regards, Totti
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Welcome, Rod
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65
xdemechanik
---
"Rod" wrote in message
Many thanks Max
Rod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Max

I have a similar query, and was hopeing you maybe able to help based on the
above?
I'm building a reporting template on one tab I hold all the DV List values
Customer, Sector, etc etc

The next tab is the actual report, in IT Open Issues Log!D4 They will define
the Sector, the values of which are on =Backend!$H$2:$H$7

when they are adding line items they will select the Customer affected they
do this in IT Open Issues Log!B7 for the first item and the Values come from
=Backend!$A$2:$A$131

The Next Item would be in B8, B9, B10 etc etc

What I would like to do is to have IT Open Issues Log!B* DV Lists filtered
by Sector, the Customer list has a Sector listed against it in
=Backend!$B$2:$B$131

I hope that makes sense??

If they would let me create a database i'd be happier, but they'd die if
they couldn't use Office Products to do management reporting

"Rod" wrote:
in cell B13 I have a drop down box with 3 options
Post
Courier
Air freight
and I need function that will allow me to have a different answer when each
is selected the out put in B12
eg when Post is selected I wish the price which is located in say D4 to come
up in B12
when Courier is selected the price to come which is located in E4 to come up
in B12
and the same with Air freight

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

This thread is long closed.
Suggest that your start a new thread for your query.