helpanewbie

Default How to alphabetize my created list?

I am not very computer literate so I will need step by step instructions how
to create a list then alphabetize it. Thanks
Kassie

I take it you want to do this in Excel.
I do not know what information you want to record, but here goes:

If you want to create an address list for example, the type the following
headings in Row 1:
Col A: Surname
Col B: Name
Col C: Number
Col D: Street
Col E: Suburb
Col F: City
Col G: Tel
Col H: Fax
Col I: Cell
Col J: Email Address
Now start entering data.
When done, select from A1 to J whatever.
Click on Data|Sort
Make sure that Header Row is ticked
Select heading by which to sort. It will default to Surname in this case.
If you also want to sort by say city, then select this as an additional sort
criteria
Hit OK and your list is sorted