Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default date in wrong format

My mo/da/yr format somehow changes to a 5 digit entry - 393xx. I have tied
the normal procedure of format cells, date, etc. but that won't fix it. What
can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Mike this is a little long winded but I found it helpful in resolving many a
format problem:

"Mike" wrote:

My mo/da/yr format somehow changes to a 5 digit entry - 393xx. I have tied
the normal procedure of format cells, date, etc. but that won't fix it. What
can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You should also be able to type 1 into a cell, copy it and paste special on
top of your dates - Multiply.

Should force format to what you want.

"Mike" wrote:

My mo/da/yr format somehow changes to a 5 digit entry - 393xx. I have tied
the normal procedure of format cells, date, etc. but that won't fix it. What
can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That entry looks like its the date serial number, how are you formatting
your cells?

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,