Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
Default Average of Cells with referance to name in column.

Hi,
Not sure if the name of this thread makes any sense but here ya go.

I am creating a score card for a weekly Darts match. I have a spreadsheet that works out the average per dart and per throw but would like to also work out the average per throw for the whole night for each person.

Each team member may get up to 4 games so if there name is in column A can I pick up all there Average scores from that row and work out the Average for each player in a separate cell?

Thanks in advance

Carl

Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex

I cant for the life of me get this to work. I even created a simple spreadsheet with 2 columns and it keeps giving me a Divide by 0 error.

I obviously changed the "player name" to the name I required.

I have the Players names listed in B and the scores are in U so I changed the formula to those columns. I am now thinking of putting the averages on a separate sheet so the names will be in A on sheet1 and their Average should be in B

How would I get this to work?

Thanks again

Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Timmons View Post
Assuming the scores are in column B:

=sumif(A:A,player name,B:B)/countif(A:A,player name)

[/i][/color]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Could you possibly post a small sample of your data?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14