Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Average of Cells with referance to name in column.

Assuming the scores are in column B:

=sumif(A:A,player name,B:B)/countif(A:A,player name)

"the-jackal" wrote:

Hi,
Not sure if the name of this thread makes any sense but here ya go.

I am creating a score card for a weekly Darts match. I have a
spreadsheet that works out the average per dart and per throw but would
like to also work out the average per throw for the whole night for each
person.

Each team member may get up to 4 games so if there name is in column A
can I pick up all there Average scores from that row and work out the
Average for each player in a separate cell?

Thanks in advance

Carl

--
the-jackal