Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Hours and Minutes Data format

I am trying to format a cell so it displays Hours and minutes. I am entering
1:00 and desplaying 1/01/1900 12:00:00 AM. The formating on the cell is
HH:MM.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try again... you probably entered 1.0 by mistake.

The date you are seeing corresponds to 1.0. In the cell you must be getting
0:00

"Dave08" wrote:

I am trying to format a cell so it displays Hours and minutes. I am entering
1:00 and desplaying 1/01/1900 12:00:00 AM. The formating on the cell is
HH:MM.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

1:30 is stored as time which IS 1:30 AM
if you enter 13:30 it will be stored as 1:30 PM

Cell will display 1:30 but it will be internally stored as
1/0/1900 1:30 AM

If you do not want to do any calculations then enter
'1:30
then it will be stored as a text...