Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default formula for taxes

I am having trouble getting the tax formula. I need to figure a .0925% tax
rate on the line above the tax line. Really simple, just not getting it.
Thanks, Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

jesseok wrote:
I am having trouble getting the tax formula. I need to figure a .0925% tax
rate on the line above the tax line. Really simple, just not getting it.
Thanks, Jeff

Are you sure you don't mean 9.25%?

If so, then if your amount is in A1 in A2 put =A1*.0925

gls858

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Again, you don't make friends here by posting in multiple groups

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"jesseok" wrote in message
I am having trouble getting the tax formula. I need to figure a .0925% tax
rate on the line above the tax line. Really simple, just not getting it.
Thanks, Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

jesseok wrote:
Got it
"gls858" wrote in message
jesseok wrote:
I am having trouble getting the tax formula. I need to figure a .0925%
tax rate on the line above the tax line. Really simple, just not
getting it. Thanks, Jeff
Are you sure you don't mean 9.25%?

If so, then if your amount is in A1 in A2 put =A1*.0925

gls858

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for posting back.
From Gordon's response it sounds like you should learn to the
difference between cross posting and multiple posting. Here's a wiki
link explaining how to crosspost. Others can be found by searching on
crosspost vs multi-post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post

gls858

Sale Taxes Jason Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 11th 08 02:40 PM
taxes sypher New Users to Excel 0 November 9th 06 06:23 PM
formula for taxes Terri Excel Worksheet Functions 7 September 11th 06 10:33 PM
Sales Taxes lsmft Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 6th 06 11:07 AM
Need formula for budgeting payroll taxes. rfhorn Excel Worksheet Functions 10 April 5th 05 04:11 PM