Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default VBA - insert column

How do i get VBA to insert a new column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Columns("G").Insert

as simple as that

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message
6.253...
How do i get VBA to insert a new column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A word of advice. The macro recorder can be a good learning device. Suggest
you use it before asking questions you can answer yourself.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message
6.253...
How do i get VBA to insert a new column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Don Guillett" wrote in
:

A word of advice. The macro recorder can be a good learning device.
Suggest you use it before asking questions you can answer yourself.

thats two questions i have asked with no help from you at all Don, if i try
and fail to do somehting I post here which is the purpose of this news
group isn't it? I have had help from many people on here which to some may
be simple and easy answers, but not all of us are pro's!

If your not willing to help Don then dont reply ... simple. At the end of
the day i am learning XL and VBA and do read manuals and do google
searches, but if i dont get the result i need or still am stuck i will
post, but stupid replys are not helping. It easy to say "use the recorder"
but as i am learning I still may not be getting the resuklts i need from
that either.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Did you see my response? Was that what you wanted?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message
6.253...
"Don Guillett" wrote in
:

A word of advice. The macro recorder can be a good learning device.
Suggest you use it before asking questions you can answer yourself.

thats two questions i have asked with no help from you at all Don, if i
try
and fail to do somehting I post here which is the purpose of this news
group isn't it? I have had help from many people on here which to some may
be simple and easy answers, but not all of us are pro's!

If your not willing to help Don then dont reply ... simple. At the end of
the day i am learning XL and VBA and do read manuals and do google
searches, but if i dont get the result i need or still am stuck i will
post, but stupid replys are not helping. It easy to say "use the recorder"
but as i am learning I still may not be getting the resuklts i need from
that either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Bob Phillips" wrote in news:eTFisksMJHA.2348
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

A word of advice. The macro recorder can be a good learning device.
Suggest you use it before asking questions you can answer yourself.

The above was not helpful along with another post made which the
response fromm you was almost the same. If the recorder is that great
why is this newgroup here as the recorder would solve all our preoblems
then would't it.

My 1st point of call is always the macro recprder, if i dont get the
result needed or something does not work, I google it, if all fails I
post here. Whats wrong with that?

I have got the answer i needed and a big thanks for the guy who gave me
that as it worked, no problems, no hassle. Now I know I "Have" learned
somehthing.

Thanks for your advise on using the recorder, I do use it. But you dont
always get the result you want. It takes time to learn how to use the
recorder too! I am in laymans terms "A newbie", the biggest newbie you
will get. So please have a bit of paitence with us lot

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi
I think you are getting the responses muddled.
Bob did not suggest you used the macro recorder.
He gave you the solution
Columns("G").Insert

In his second post, he merely enquired as to whether that had solved your
problem.
We can all appreciate that you are new to Excel, (we have all been there),
but an undeserved tirade against someone who has given you the result, will
not assist you in gaining further help.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message
6.253...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in
:

Hi
I think you are getting the responses muddled.
Bob did not suggest you used the macro recorder.
He gave you the solution
Columns("G").Insert

In his second post, he merely enquired as to whether that had solved
your problem.
We can all appreciate that you are new to Excel, (we have all been
there), but an undeserved tirade against someone who has given you the
result, will not assist you in gaining further help.

sorry my fault. I did get him muddled up with someone else.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Man, you are far too paranoid. I said nothing of the sort, and I am not
going to say anything more, to posts from TreeRat I don't need to be abused
for trying to help

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message
6.253...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Bob Phillips" wrote in
:

Man, you are far too paranoid. I said nothing of the sort, and I am
not going to say anything more, to posts from TreeRat I don't need to
be abused for trying to help

I take it you didn't read what i said. I sadi I got you confised with
someone else in a totally different post in a different news group.

If you dont accept the appology then thats upto you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Time to coooool off, mate!
Don was giving you some good advice (he is not to know what you can and
cannot do) - I doubt you will get much more!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message