Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Calculate hours between to separate dates and times

I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one day and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not be until
2 days time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just subtract them, =A2-A1, and format the cell as [h] (or [h]:mm if you
want the mins as well)
--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave08" wrote in message
I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one day and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not be
until
2 days time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Since Excel stored dates as serial numbers, try =(A2-a1)*24 where 24
converts fractions of a day to hours
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave08" wrote in message
I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one day
and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not be
until
2 days time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
FC FC is offline

Still with differente dates the given formula applies :
Format the 2 dates cells as : 3/14/01 1:30PM
and the 3er date cell(result) as : [h]:mm:ss.
If you mean different worksheets, then just
right the worksheet name in form of the cell as
ex: =A1-SHEET3!A2

"Dave08" wrote in message
I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one day and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not be
until
2 days time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That doesn't impact my response one iota. Try it!

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave08" wrote in message
I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one day
and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not be
until
2 days time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I found this option worked the best in resolving my delima. because I had the
finish and start dates and times in seperate coloums I had to first calculate
them then subtract them. I then formatted them [hh]:mm
Date in Column A and the times in Columns B
=(A2+B2)-(A1+B1)

"Dave08" wrote in message
I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one day
and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not be
until
2 days time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It does help if you give all the information at the start. You never
mentioned the separate cells.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave08" wrote in message
I found this option worked the best in resolving my delima. because I had
the
finish and start dates and times in seperate coloums I had to first
calculate
them then subtract them. I then formatted them [hh]:mm
Date in Column A and the times in Columns B
=(A2+B2)-(A1+B1)