Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Calculate hours between to separate dates and times

It does help if you give all the information at the start. You never
mentioned the separate cells.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave08" wrote in message
I found this option worked the best in resolving my delima. because I had
the
finish and start dates and times in seperate coloums I had to first
calculate
them then subtract them. I then formatted them [hh]:mm
Date in Column A and the times in Columns B
=(A2+B2)-(A1+B1)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That doesn't impact my response one iota. Try it!

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave08" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, But the problem is the times are on 2 separate dates e.g.
finish
2/10/2008 0200 and start 3/10/2008 12.00

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just subtract them, =A2-A1, and format the cell as [h] (or [h]:mm if
you
want the mins as well)
--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave08" wrote in message
I need to work out the amount of hours between a finish time on one
day
and
the start time on the next day. In some cases the start time may not
be
until
2 days time.