Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default copy a drop down menu so it appears in each row of a column?

I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out
how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the
drop down list appear in evey row of a column?

I'm an excel newbie!

thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Make your list somewhere and then use Data-Validation-and where it says "any
value" choose "list" and Then choose the source of the list. When you have
done this for one cell, copy and then paste special and choose validation.

Hope this helps

"Vanmessa" wrote:

I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out
how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the
drop down list appear in evey row of a column?

I'm an excel newbie!

thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Pre-select the range of cells to have the dropdown list.

Then create the DV list dropdown.

If you have one created already, just select that cell and a bunch below and
DataValidation

A mesage will pop up "do you want to extend etc." Click Yes then OK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP