Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Prompting for Office Open XML Format

How can I ask Excel 2007 to stop prompting me to save my spreadsheets in
Office Open XML format?

Excel does this every time I save a password-protected spreadsheet for the
first time in a session. It's telling me that Office Open XML has better
security, which is fine, but I need my spreadsheets to be compatible with
Excel 97-2003.

Thanks for your help.

Daddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I spent many hours on Google in an attempt to solve this problem. There is,
apparently, no way to prevent this prompt from appearing, much to the
chagrin of many who have posted in other forums with the same question.

I did finally come across this solution, which, unfortunately, involves
editing the registry:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...7696&SiteID=17

I don't like to 'hack' my software. But this is an easily reversible
registry edit that I can live with.

Daddy