Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Is there a formula to add a percentage

I am not very good at formulas. I am hoping there is a formula that can do
what I want. I have a column of numbers, I want the whole column of numbers
to increase by 5%. Then I would like to be able to take that formula and
copy and paste to many other columns on many spreadsheets. I have pricing
sheets in excel and I need to increase all prices by 5% and I am looking for
an easy way to do this. Can someone help?

904 Need to increase this number by 5%, and have 950 show up in the same cell
947
940
and so on
--
Jill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sure thing.

In a blank cell, enter 1.05. Copy yhat cell, then highlight all of the
desired cells.

Right-click and select paste special...

Select multiply.

all highlighted cells will bemultiplied by 1.05, or increased by 5%.

"Jill" wrote:

I am not very good at formulas. I am hoping there is a formula that can do
what I want. I have a column of numbers, I want the whole column of numbers
to increase by 5%. Then I would like to be able to take that formula and
copy and paste to many other columns on many spreadsheets. I have pricing
sheets in excel and I need to increase all prices by 5% and I am looking for
an easy way to do this. Can someone help?

904 Need to increase this number by 5%, and have 950 show up in the same cell
947
940
and so on
--