Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Please help - formula for percentage

Please can anyone tell me what formula to use to calculate how much 17.5% of
a figure is.
I have 3 columns - Net Amount, VAT, Gross Amount. I need it to calculate
the VAT of the Net Amount & then add the Net Amount & VAT together to give me
the Gross Amount.
It's driving me nuts as I don't know the formulas to make it do that, please
can anyone help.

--
No one said that life would be a party ... but while we''re here, we might
as well dance.

Jen xx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I think this is what you mean

A B C
Net Vat Gross
100 17.5 117.5

Net value =100
VAT formula =A1*0.175
Gross formula = A1+B1

Mike
"Foxylady" wrote:

Please can anyone tell me what formula to use to calculate how much 17.5% of
a figure is.
I have 3 columns - Net Amount, VAT, Gross Amount. I need it to calculate
the VAT of the Net Amount & then add the Net Amount & VAT together to give me
the Gross Amount.
It's driving me nuts as I don't know the formulas to make it do that, please
can anyone help.

--
No one said that life would be a party ... but while we''re here, we might
as well dance.

Jen xx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you sooooo much Mike, you're a star! :)
--
No one said that life would be a party ... but while we''''''''re here, we
might as well dance.

Jen xx

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,