Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Setting up Inventory

I have a workbook and what I am looking to do is, when I put RECEIVED in
column "C" I would like it to add Column "C" with the running total of Column
"H". If i don't put received in "C" I would like it to subtract the number I
put in "E". To summerize I want it to subtract.. but add when i put in
Received. Any help would be great
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am going to assume that if you dont receive any inventory that you put 0 in
column C

Do you always subtract column E, or just when there is 0 in Column C?

If only when Column C is 0, Column I (or where ever you want the result)
would be: =if(C1="0",H1-E1,C1+H1)

This says: If Column C is 0, subtract Column E from Column H, otherwise add
Column C and column H

If always subtract, then use =(C1+H1)-E1

This will always subtract Column E no matter what

"S.H.C" wrote:

I have a workbook and what I am looking to do is, when I put RECEIVED in
column "C" I would like it to add Column "C" with the running total of Column
"H". If i don't put received in "C" I would like it to subtract the number I
put in "E". To summerize I want it to subtract.. but add when i put in
Received. Any help would be great

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Column "C" It has a 7 digit order number in it. But when i get more, I put
Received in that box and do the addition manualy. I would like it to do it
all, incase I'm not the one who does the receiving order.

A C E G H
Date Order# Quantity employee Running total
9/23 3512231 90 SSS 500
9/23 3512232 180 SSS 320
9/23 RECEIVED 600 SSS 920

This is an example(copy) of my page. If ya need anything else let me know.
Thanks for responding

"S.H.C" wrote:

I have a workbook and what I am looking to do is, when I put RECEIVED in
column "C" I would like it to add Column "C" with the running total of Column
"H". If i don't put received in "C" I would like it to subtract the number I
put in "E". To summerize I want it to subtract.. but add when i put in
Received. Any help would be great

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Enter your opening balance in the first cell of column H and enter the
following formula in the cell immediately below and copy down as far as
necessary (change the row number to suit your situation):

=IF(E2="","",IF(C2="RECEIVED",H1+E2,H1-E2))

"S.H.C" wrote:

Column "C" It has a 7 digit order number in it. But when i get more, I put
Received in that box and do the addition manualy. I would like it to do it
all, incase I'm not the one who does the receiving order.

A C E G H
Date Order# Quantity employee Running total