Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JasonP CCTM LV[_2_] JasonP CCTM LV[_2_] is offline

Default Setting up Inventory

I am going to assume that if you dont receive any inventory that you put 0 in
column C

Do you always subtract column E, or just when there is 0 in Column C?

If only when Column C is 0, Column I (or where ever you want the result)
would be: =if(C1="0",H1-E1,C1+H1)

This says: If Column C is 0, subtract Column E from Column H, otherwise add
Column C and column H

If always subtract, then use =(C1+H1)-E1

This will always subtract Column E no matter what

"S.H.C" wrote:

I have a workbook and what I am looking to do is, when I put RECEIVED in
column "C" I would like it to add Column "C" with the running total of Column
"H". If i don't put received in "C" I would like it to subtract the number I
put in "E". To summerize I want it to subtract.. but add when i put in
Received. Any help would be great