Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Backup Excel customization

Hi,

I need info on how to backup all my Excel settings, including macros in Personal.xls and restore them as I am looking to format my system and install Windows XP and Office XP, what is need is to clone my Excel setup.

Kindly list out the steps involved or post any links as I could not find anything useful via google.

Thanks,
Vivek
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Here is a list from Dave Peterson...............

I have a short list of things to copy/update when we change pc's at work.

It's not complete, but may help you.

Word/Excel files:

FileName Use
custom.dic personal dictionary
*.acl personal autocorrect list
mssp2_en.exc personal exclusion dictionary
normal.dot default (for new documents) template
*.dot Any other templates you've made

*.xlb personal toolbar
book.xlt defaults for new workbooks
sheet.xlt defaults for new worksheets
personal.xl* personal macros
*.xlt Any other templates you've made

And don't forget any:
Local files (If you don’t store on LAN)
(Settings) Directories and other defaults (Tools|Options stuff)

Note: Excel also stores a lot of settings in the registry. Most at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP