Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Self-destructive Excel files -- How to?

Excel 2002

How do I enable an Excel file to self-destruct at a certain date, or
when there is an attempt to make any change to it? I don't just want
to preserve it. I want it to self-destruct.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See this:

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/workbooktimebomb.aspx

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"The Hun" wrote in message
Excel 2002

How do I enable an Excel file to self-destruct at a certain date, or
when there is an attempt to make any change to it? I don't just want
to preserve it. I want it to self-destruct.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

All the user has to do is disable macros to disable any such action. And,
if you sent them a copy they can redownload from their email or from their
backup.

Best you can do is to tell them to feel very bad if they do so. And to
remember to feel bad everytime they eat ice cream.

Bob

"The Hun" wrote in message
Excel 2002

How do I enable an Excel file to self-destruct at a certain date, or
when there is an attempt to make any change to it? I don't just want
to preserve it. I want it to self-destruct.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Sep 9, 2:17 pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
But you can make it so that many things don't work unless macros are
enabled.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

. ..

"The Hun" wrote in message
Excel 2002

How do I enable an Excel file to self-destruct at a certain date, or
when there is an attempt to make any change to it? I don't just want
to preserve it. I want it to self-destruct.

Is it possible to have the formula in a cell self-destruct at a
future date?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can have a formula self-destruct on a certain date/time but the same
caveat about enabling macros will remain.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP