Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Increase a cell by 1.3%

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with stacks of £0.00 figures but need to increase
these by 1.3%, so rather than manually doing it, can this be automated
with a formula.

What I dont want is an additional column, I just need to increse each
cell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

" wrote in message
Hi

I have a spreadsheet with stacks of £0.00 figures but need to increase
these by 1.3%, so rather than manually doing it, can this be automated
with a formula.

What I dont want is an additional column, I just need to increse each
cell

Type in a "spare" cell 1.013. Right click it, select "Copy". Highlight all
the cells you want to increase, select "Paste Special" and "multiply".
That's the easy way, but you lose all audit trail with that method.
If you need to keep track of how you got the numbers then you will need to
put in another formula. (You can always hide the calculating column - and
you can also bet your boots that someone sometime is going to say "how did
you get those numbers....")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What you can also do is put the 1.013 in a cell somewhere (lets assume D1),
then in any other cell put =$D$1

Now copy the cell with the formula in, select all the data to change and do
Edit / Paste Special / Tick both Multiply & Formulas and hit OK.

You can now delete the cell with the formula and you will find all your
original data still intact but now linked and multiplied by D1, so by simply
putting a 1 into D1 you can get back to original data at any time.

Regards